Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 'Cinque Stelle' 2018

Tasting Notes

On the palate there are notes of dried red berries and florals. A full-bodied wine with fine-grained tannins that turn savory during the long finish. Will be great in years to come if you can withstand holding onto it that long!

Food Pairing

Delicious with roasts, game, grilled meat and seasoned cheeses. Enjoy this fantastic wine with friends after dinner.

Tech Details

The grapes are grown on the beautiful slopes of the Valpolicella Classico, one of the most prestigious wine areas of Northern Italy. This area is located Northwest of the elegant Roman town of Verona (in the Western corner of Veneto). The valpolicella region has mostly a mild-to-cool continental climate that is influenced by its proximity to two sizable bodies of water: Lake Garda to the West and the Adriatic Sea to the Southeast. Clay & limestone soil. Grapes are carefully selected then air-dried for 3-4 months. The grapes then undergo soft pressing and a slow fermentation for over 40 days at controlled temperatures with skins. 80% of the wine is matured in Slavonian oak barrels of 5,000 liters, whilst the remaining 20% ins matured in French new oak barrels (barriques). Total maturation in wood lasts for 3 years with an additional 12 months in bottle before release.
Varietal Composition:
75% Corvina, 20% Rondinella, 5% Molinara
Avg Elevation:
984-1640 feet
Avg Age of Vines:
10-15 years
UPC Code: