A red blend that shows the spirit and history of Itata – Chile’s oldest winemaking region.
Inviting on the nose with notes of ripe red fruit, blackberry, blueberry, and a hint of spice. It hits the palate with incredible balance that lasts through its long finish. It has fruit at the core with an acidity from the Carignan that lifts the wine on the back palate.
Pair with cherry-braised short ribs, barbequed flank steak, or grilled portobella mushrooms.
A blend from two vineyards, the vines averaging 120 years old, this is three-quarters syrah and carignan, with the rest made up of grenache, petit verdot and mourvedre. Aged for 18 months in neutral French oak, this wine’s tannins hold a cornucopia of spice, from cumin and coriander to the bitter crush of flower petals. The flavors evolve in the glass toward ruby grapefruit and roasted tomato, holding the wine fresh through all the spice. It’s built for food, whether char siu or something with Moroccan spice, like a goat tagine.Wine & Spirits October 2021
Felipe García increased the percentage of Syrah to 40% in 2018, with the remaining 60% made up of Carignan, Grenache, Petit Verdot and Mourvèdre. Scented, intense and serious, this is wonderful focus and freshness for a red with 14.5% alcohol, granular tannins and plum and damson fruit.Tim Atkin March 2020
A blend of mostly Syrah with Carignan, Grenache, Petit Verdot and Mourvèdre from Itata barrel-aged for 18 months. The aroma contains raspberry, blackberry and blackcurrant along with herbal notes. A captivating wine, it is dry and rustic on the palate with solid, juicy tannins that achieve an unusually intense, linear balance. An intelligently conceived wine.Vinous March 2020
The 2018 Bravado goes back to a more classical blend that is dominated by Syrah, complemented with 36% Carignan, 14% Grenache, 9% Petit Verdot and 1% Mourvedre in a cooler year than the 2017 I tasted next to this 2018. Despite the cooler year, it feels rounder and has more volume, and the nose reveals some notes of tempera paint, licorice and an earthy note that makes me think of graphite. The palate is full-bodied with abundant dusty tannins.The Wine Advocate February 2020
The wine is sourced from the Piedra Lisa Vineyard and the Bellavista Vineyard, both in Itata Valley. The wine is aged for 18 months in third and fourth use French neutral oak.
- Varietal Composition:
- 40% Syrah, 36% Carignan, 14% Grenache, 1% Mourvedre, 9% Petit Verdot
- Avg Elevation:
- 510 feet
- Avg Age of Vines:
- 120 years
- Suggested Retail Price:
- UPC Code: