Celebrate Malbec World Day - April 17th
Even though we like to celebrate Malbec everyday, grab a glass and share a toast to Argentina's flagship grape on April 17th!
Not all Malbecs taste the same, and this varietal has a diverse flavor profile that makes it a versatile food friendly wine. While great paired with meat, consider trying Malbec with everything from medium cheeses to pastas, grilled veggies and pizza.
Check out our full portfolio of Malbecs and don't miss our Malbec World Day 2018 and educational materials linked below.
Meet Vine Connections Malbec Portfolio
- Areyna Malbec: Estate-grown Malbec that marks a moment in time in the evolution of Luján de Cuyo, a historic winemaking region undergoing modern transformation.
- Bodini Malbec: Approachable and expressive estate Malbec at an unbeatable price
- Casarena Naoki's Single Vineyard Malbec: This Single Vineyard wine comes from a newly discovered terroir - an untouched plateau rich with limestone that imparts a unique minerality to the usually fruity varietal.
- Graffito Malbec: Small-production old vine Malbec with amazing concentration, aromatics, and earthy notes of smoke and espresso.
- La Posta Pizzella: ‘Enjoy the simpler times’ in La Consulta, Uco Valley with the Pizzella family and their rich Malbec full of dark fruit and spice.
- La Posta Paulucci: Aromas of red cherries, raspberries, and violets along with notes of toasty oak.
- La Posta Fazzio: ‘Never slow down’ and dance in Tupungato with Domingo Fazzio with his Malbec full of supple tannins, red currant, and mocha notes.
- La Posta Tinto Red Blend (60% Malbec, 20% Bonarda, 20% Syrah): This complex table blend of Malbec, Syrah, and Bonarda is perfect by the glass, but you’ll want it by the bottle.
- Luca Malbec: This Malbec has made Wine Spectator’s Top 100 List twice for a reason —it is quintessentially expressive of Mendoza and impossible to replicate.
- Luca Malbec Paraje Altamira: This Malbec is from the newly designated sub-appellation Paraje Altamira in the Uco Valley.
- Luca Beso De Dante (50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Malbec, 10% Cabernet Franc): An homage to the original Bordeaux blend of Malbec and Cabernet, this powerful wine has gripping tannins and great freshness and length.
- Nico by Luca: An iconic 100% old-vine Malbec from the 80-year old Rosas Vineyard in the Uco Valley.
- Lunta Malbec: This vineyard faces the Lunlunta Hills and gives a refreshing, approachable style to Malbec.
- Mendel Malbec: This timeless Malbec aged in Taransaud Burgundy barrels has incredible depth and stature.
- Mendel Unus (65% Malbec, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot): Blended from the best lots of the 1928 estate vineyards, this iconic small-batch blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petit Verdot is powerful yet smooth.
- Mendel Finca Remota: From 60+ year-old vineyards at the ‘Faraway Ranch’ in Altamira (Uco Valley), this dense Malbec is full-bodied with thick tannins
- Tikal Patriota (60% Malbec, 40% Bonarda): ‘Patriotic’ old-vine Bonarda and Malbec is blended to perfection.
- Tikal Natural (60% Organic Malbec, 40% Organic Syrah): An ‘earth-friendly’ biodynamic blend of Malbec and Syrah made with certified organic grapes.
- Tikal Amorio: Amorio, or 'Love Affair' represents the deep and enduring feelings the Argentine people have toward the Malbec grape.
- Tikal Jubilo (60% Malbec, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon): Cabernet lovers will ‘Rejoice’ when realizing their favorite varietal gets even better with the soft touch of Malbec.
Not sure where to find these Malbecs near you? Visit our 'Where to Buy' tool here.