Tikal wines reflect the spirit of Mendoza: the sense of pride, love, celebration, and even a bit of craziness. Ernesto Catena spent his childhood in the vineyards of Mendoza among wine-growers and local pundits. A skilled horseman, software developer, and book editor, Ernesto pursues all that gives pleasure in life. This hedonism (in the best sense of the word) shows through in his wines. It is a style meant to provide enormous pleasure rather than provoke contemplation; an expression of emotion rather than intellect. He has named his wines with passion in mind: Patriota (Patriot), Amorio (Love Affair), Jubilo (Rejoice), and Locura (Madness).
* Robert M. Parker, Jr.'s The Wine Advocate named Tikal "The Best of the Best -- for creative blends of Bonarda"
Wines at a Glance
- Amorio: This Malbec and Cabernet Franc blend feature smoky oak and cherry flavors. Rich, velvety, and sexy.
- Jubilo: Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec. Unfolds in layers of black currant, oak, black cherry liqueur, dark chocolate, and roasted coffee. Lush without seeming heavy.
- Locura: A bold red made from Argentina’s 3 emblematic grapes, each from the best growing region for these varietals.
- Natural: A Malbec/Syrah blend made from organic grapes grown in the Tikal vineyard in Vista Flores
- Patriota: Bonarda and Malbec. Big body yet balanced, with layers of raspberry, cherry, cocoa, and a hint of baking spice.