The Vine Connections California Wine Portfolio
This small family Russian River winery believes that everything matters from vineyard to bottle. They make only small lots of wine and literally handcraft each and every one. They are passionate in their pursuit and believe wine is an essential element in a rich and wonderful life---adding a delicious layer to both meals and to friendships. Guy Davis, founder, farmer, and winemaker, cultivated his passion and gift for artisan winemaking working in the vineyards of the Mayacamas Mountains in Northern California. He lustfully furthered his skill and knowledge in the following years working with some of the most talented producers in California, France, Argentina, and New Zealand. Guy and his family aim to find that magical balance between the winemaking expression and respect for nature's gifts, crafting wine in a style that allows them to pour their heart and soul into each and every bottle.
Wines at a Glance
- Barn d'Or: (Cabernet/Syrah blend) Structure and aromas of Cabernet up front and plump, fruit-packed Syrah flavors that well up from underneath
- Barn D'Or Chardonnay: Unoaked Monterey County Chardonnay-- a perfect fit for summer sipping or any summer dish.
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa: Touted as the best Cab vintage in a couple decades; Bursting with fruit and spice
- Chardonnay, Russian River Valley: A perfectly balanced Chardonnay: Truly a white wine for the red wine drinker.
- Cote Rosé: Bright and clean with wonderful floral notes, earthy strawberry and lime zest.
- Cuvee Luke: The cool Sierra Mountain air lends a fresh acidity and great balance of flavors to this white Rhone blend.
- Gusto Sauvignon Blanc: A crisp, refreshing style of Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand.
- Pinot Noir, PinnaCole: A barrel selection of Guy’s favorite estate grown Russian River Pinot Noir grapes
- Pinot Noir, Russian River: Cola, sassafras, and brown spice; amazing length
- Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast: This coastal vineyard faces stiff ocean breezes and cool, moist temperatures, resulting in a darker, more masculine Pinot.
- Riesling, Monterey County: A delicious, crisp, dry, "old world" style Riesling.
- Riesling, Sonoma Coast: This vineyard enjoys constant marine breezes, ensuring the ripeness and complexity that makes this wine so enjoyable.
- Syrah: Cool climate Chave clone Syrah fermented with a small portion of Viognier grapes.
- Zinfandel, Russian River: This ancient vineyard was planted in 1896, 2.5 acres of which Guy resurrected one hunderd years later. Organic, lush, and elegant.
The vineyards of this historic Napa Valley estate were established in 1864 near the western foothills in St. Helena by pioneer winegrower John Lewelling. Today his great-great grandson's farm is on the original estate, one of the oldest continuously-owned family vineyards in the Napa Valley. The gravelly loam soils and unique microclimate of the area combine to produce exceptional Cabernets with rich cherry, currant and berry flavors that are enhanced by traditional winemaking methods and aging in French and American oak barrels. Each member of the Wight family plays an important role in the crafting of these remarkable Cabernets. Janice Lewelling Wight, John Lewelling's great-granddaughter, and her husband Russ offer the perspective and insight of years of grape growing. Dave, who has a degree in viticulture and enology, is the winemaker. Doug operates the family vineyard as well as managing 500 additional acres of Napa Valley vineyard. Alan is a key member of the winery tasting panel and decision-making team.
Wines at a Glance
- Cabernet, Napa: Lavish bouquet, dense, dark fruit flavors, tremendous viscosity, mouth filling richness, layered complexity, and a lengthy finish.
- Cabernet, Wight Vineyard: Harmonious aromas of black currant, blackberry, Bing cherry, and vanilla followed by sweet toasty oak with a hint of anise. Full and complex with layered richness and dense tannins.