The Vine Connections California Wine Portfolio
The vineyards of this historic Napa Valley estate were established in 1864 near the western foothills in St. Helena by pioneer winegrower John Lewelling. Today his great-great grandson's farm is on the original estate, one of the oldest continuously-owned family vineyards in the Napa Valley. The gravelly loam soils and unique microclimate of the area combine to produce exceptional Cabernets with rich cherry, currant and berry flavors that are enhanced by traditional winemaking methods and aging in French and American oak barrels. Each member of the Wight family plays an important role in the crafting of these remarkable Cabernets. Janice Lewelling Wight, John Lewelling's great-granddaughter, and her husband Russ offer the perspective and insight of years of grape growing. Dave, who has a degree in viticulture and enology, is the winemaker. Doug operates the family vineyard as well as managing 500 additional acres of Napa Valley vineyard. Alan is a key member of the winery tasting panel and decision-making team.
Wines at a Glance
- Cabernet, Napa: Flavors of blackberry, cassis, plum, and cherry with hints of coffee, anise, and minerality.
- Cabernet, Wight Vineyard: Concentrated flavors of black cherry, plum, and licorice with notes of coffee and minerality.
Wines at a Glance
- Grenache, Larner: Supple red fruit preserve and candied floral flavors with hints of cola and licorice.
- Pinot Noir, Cargasacchi: Plush, pliant, and gently sweet with black raspberry and cherry-cola flavors.
- Pinot Noir, Kessler-Haak: Ripe red berries, cola, licorice, and Asian spices that are vibrant and focused.
- Pinot Noir, Las Hermanas: Intense spice-accented flavors of red fruit liqueur and rose pastille that showcase depth.
- Pinot Noir, Melville: Cherry, boysenberry, and Indian spices with a zesty mineral quality.
- Pinot Noir, Rancho La Viña: Silky, round palate, with a zesty minerality and red fruit liqueur flavors.
- Pinot Noir, Santa Rita Hills: Smoky raspberry and red currant accented by allspice, anise, and mocha.
- Pinot Noir, Turner: Dark berry flavors and a pungent floral element with a long, spicy finish.
- Syrah, Melville: Black cherries, pepper, mint, violets, and explosive spices.
- Syrah, Santa Barbara Co.: Smoky blackberry, boysenberry, and herbs, with notes of cola and vanilla.
- Syrah, Turner: Black and blue fruit liqueurs, smoky spices, violets, and minerals with a high acid kick.
- Syrah, Verna's: Dark fruit, woodsmoke, and espresso are lifted by black pepper and allspice.
- Syrah, Zotovich: Blueberry, boysenberry, pepper, and incense, with floral and mineral notes.