Known to many as the "Queen of Torrontes" or the "Evita of Wine", one thing is certain: Susana Balbo is reputed throughout Argentina and the world for her incredible winemaking skill, experience, and passion. Susana has been making wine since she earned her enology degree in 1981, and she has probably produced a wider variety of wines than any other winemaker in Argentina. She has made wine in Australia, California, Chile, France, Italy, South Africa, and Spain, and she spends a month each year in a different wine region of the world studying with local winemakers and growers.
Susana's Signature wines are the ultimate expression of her skill and artistry. Top barrel selections from her overall production are complex and powerful, yet with an elegance and finesse that only Susana can achieve quite so perfectly. Susana strives for balance in her wines, with layers of complexity coming from the individually fermented varietals. She wants people who drink her wines to feel that every sip from the glass is as exciting as the first.
* Robert M. Parker, Jr.'s The Wine Advocate named Susana Balbo Signature "Best Value" and "Outstanding -- for for Susana's brilliant winemaking and promotion of Argentine wines"
Dominio del Plata is one of the few wineries in Argentina to meet the ISO 22000 standard which was developed by the International Organization for Standardization to recognize high quality practices within food safety.
Wines at a Glance
- Brioso: A big, yet refined, lush Bordeaux blend with core of black currant fruit and layers of tobacco and cedar.
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Full-bodied with classic Cabernet Sauvignon aromas of rich red fruits, plum, tobacco, roasted coffee beans, and a touch of fresh mint.
- Late Harvest Malbec: Susana has created a sweet, super-ripe Malbec dessert wine that is both incredibly balanced and totally seductive.
- Late Harvest Torrontes: A unique dessert wine with enticing flavors of lychee and honey, and a delicate, silky finish.
- Malbec: Exploding aromas of blackberry, black cherry, and violets are mirrored on the palate. A ripe and rich style of wine, reigning in the fruit and focusing it into a long finish.